Fin Tube Products, Inc. is the leader in the development and production of miniature finned tubing. Our Mini-Fin tubes can be manufactured in several sizes ranging from 0.016” to .058” Outside-Diameter, for larger OD, see our FINBRAZE® or CLADFIN® product lines. The Fins per inch range from 32 to 142 fpi on the hypodermic-size tubing. The mini-fins are helically wound and then secured with either lead-free solder or a nickel alloy (FINBRAZE®) fin-to-tube attachment. The Mini-Fin product line is generally used for low-temperature cryogenic, or biomedical applications, but can be found in many other industries. Miniature Fins increase the surface area compared to bare tubes. This greatly increases the efficiency of the heat transfer. With our in-house capabilities, we can collaborate with engineers to create the perfect Mini-Fin prototype design.
A typical cryogenic use, for a miniature finned tube, would be a coiled heat exchanger supporting a Joule-Thomson port. (J-T port).
Every tube goes through 5 quality control checkpoints. This gives our mini-fin tubes superior reliability and performance. Every miniature fin tube is packaged inside a plastic sleeve and bundled together for shipping. Fin Tube Products, Inc. has shipped these mini-fin tubes worldwide.
Materials for Mini-Fin Tubes
Mini-fin tubes are primarily available in three materials/Metals.
- Cupro-Nickel: Cupro-Nickel 70/30 is common because it is more corrosion-resistant than other metals. CuNi 70/30 can operate in higher temperature applications and is non-magnetic. The most important characteristic of Cupro-Nickel is that it is less likely to cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to metals. This is important for any biomedical applications.
- Copper: Copper is highly efficient at transferring heat compared to other metals. We often will add a copper fin to a Cupro-Nickel tube. This combines the best characteristics of both metals.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless Steel is an excellent choice for applications requiring a higher working temperature that Cupro-Nickel.
If you are using a hypodermic-size tube, look no further. Our Mini-Fin product line will meet your needs.
Benefits of using Mini-Fin Tubing
- Quality control at every step of the product process
- Increase heat transfer rate.
- Tolerances as low as +/- 0.0003”
- Annealed for easy coiling.